Extra care housing enables privacy and independence in a safe environment for people aged 55 years and over with care and support needs.
The schemes comprise individual flats, communial facilities and a professional care team with a 24 hour care presence.
Extra Care Housing Schemes
- Diamond Court, Diamond Batch, Worle, Weston-super-Mare, BS24 7FY
53 one and two bedroom flats for rental through North Somerset Council
- Lakeside Court, Jasmine Way, Worle, Weston-super-Mare, BS24 7JN
33 one and two bedroom flats for rental through North Somerset Council
- Sandford Station, Station Road, Sandford, BS25 5AA
109 flats including 7 one and 8 bedroom flats for rental through North Somerset Council.
- Waverly Court, Forth Avenue, Portishead, BS20 7NY
60 flats including 45 one and two bedroom flats for rental through North Somerset Council
- Tamar Court, Tamar Road, Worle, Weston-super-Mare, BS22 6BU
65 flats including 33 one and two bedroom flats for rental through North Somerset Council.
Applicants for extra-care housing must:
- be aged 55 or over
- be eligible to receive care from North Somerset Council
- be eligible for North Somerset council funding
- be a resident of North Somerset
- have a current application for housing with Homechoice
People with exceptional circumstances may be considered on a case by case basis.
Applying for extra-care housing
1. If you are already receiving care from us, contact your social worker to progress your application.
If you are not receiving care from us we will carry out an assessment to find out whether you meet our criteria.
Contact Care Connect 01275 888 801 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Complete a Homechoice application. This can be completed on-line at: www.homechoicensomerset.org.uk
For more information contact the Homechoice Team on 01934 426 330.
In addition to flats available to rent from North Somerset Council there are some leasehold/shared ownership properties to buy, contact the housing association directly to talk about your options. See link to buying an extra-care property below.
There are both housing and care costs to be considered when moving into extra care housing.
Housing - You will pay rent and service charges to your landlord. You will also be responsible for paying utility bills, contents insurance and meal costs when these are not provided as part of your rent.
Care - If you have capital or savings under the income threshold you will be offered a full financial assessment. This is to decide the maximum weekly contribution you will be asked to pay towards the cost of your care.
We recommend you visit the properties you are interested in before applying.