Within North Somerset there are:
- eight school nursery classes
- 61 primary schools
- 10 secondary schools
- three special schools
The lifelong learning sector covers five key constituency groups:
- Community learning and development (CLD) - covering adult and community learning/community based adult learning; community development, community education, development education, youth work, family learning and work with parents
- Further education (FE) - embracing FE colleges, specialist institutions, sixth form colleges in England and post-16 learning provision in Wales
- Higher education (HE) - including universities and colleges of HE
- Libraries, archives and information services (LAIS)
- Work based learning (WBL) - both publicly-funded and private sector training organisations concerned with the delivery of applied (vocational) training, which is primarily work based.
Weston College offer a wide range of full and part time courses and degrees.