Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) Programme Board
NEWS: OfSTED approved the Written Statement of Action prerpared by North Somerset Council, BNSSG CCG and parent/carer partners. The SEND Programme Board will now oversee the delivery of the plan in the coming year. You can download the Written Statement of Action here (pdf).
The SEND Programme Board is the group which ensures that the systems and process we operate and the services we commission fit together to provide the best support for children with SEND in North Somerset. It meets once every school term.
It brings together officers from the Local Authority, Health services, Education and the voluntary sector to look at ways in which we can improve things, and how we can work better together. Representatives from groups representing parents and carers are also involved, to ensure we hear their voices and they have a say in how services are designed. In the future, we hope to engage more directly with children and young people too.
The board also looks at a detailed SEND self-evaluation to see how we are doing and where things could improve. This is an important part of preparing for the Joint Local Area Review process operated by OfSTED and The Care Quality Commission.
The SEND Programme Board is not a public meeting - but if you are interested in its work, you may wish to get involved via one of the parent representative groups which are listed on this page. The up-to-date terms of reference for the Board are always available on the Local Offer website. We will also post the minutes of each meeting here as they are prepared.
- SEND Programme Board Terms of Reference - November 2017
- Minutes of Meeting on 2nd November 2017
- Minutes of Meeting on 7th February 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 21st March 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 23rd May 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 18th July 2018
- SEND Self-Evaluation - July 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 12th September 2018
- Minutes of Extraordinary Meeting on 28th September 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 7th November 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 19th December 2018