Skip to main content

Home care

If you need help around the home, a good option is to have a care worker come in to your home to help you. Home care can suit you if you need:

  • personal care, such as washing or dressing
  • housekeeping or domestic work, such as vacuuming
  • shopping and meal preparation
  • nursing and health care
  • companionship

Home care can be very flexible, in order to meet your needs and can provide:

  • long-term 24-hour care
  • short breaks for an unpaid family carer
  • emergency care 
  • day care
  • sessions ranging from 15-minute visits to 24-hour assistance and everything in between

If you believe you might benefit from some help you can complete the on-line self-help tool or you can request an assessment of your care needs from North Somerset Council by contacting Care Connect on 01275 888 801. If an assessment finds you are eligible for support the council can arrange this for you or you can choose to take a direct payment.

Alternatively if you want help and advice to arrange home care, but you do not want an assessment of your care needs, you can complete the on-line self-help tool or you can contact the Care Navigator service in North Somerset Council and they will help you with this. If you already know what you want you can find a list of all home care providers in North Somerset via Home Care Services page.

If you are eligible for home care arranged by North Somerset Council you will receive care from one of the three preferred Providers. The Providers are Alliance Living Care, Nobilis and Notaro Homecare.                                            

The council also provides services for people with a learning disability, mental health illness and complex health needs.  A full list of all home care services in North Somerset can be found on the Home Care Services page. The North Somerset Council logo indicates the providers who have a contract with the Council. Look out for the council logo.NSC Provider

For information on other care services that can help you stay safe and well in your home on a long-term basis please see the "supported living services" page.  Supported living services can include financial, help with medication, advocacy, social and practical support. Alternatively "shared lives services" also known as adult placement services can offer a place to live with a family who will care for you.


You may be able to access financial support following an assessment of your care needs.  This may be for some or all of the cost of your care.

Back to top