Training in Social care
Both Weston College and City of Bristol College offers courses for people who are looking to go into a caring role.
Care and Support West promotes local quality training provision.
Prepare to Work in Adult Social Care
Gain a Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.
Learn about ways of working in this meaningful role that will help you prepare for a successful interview. Carers and personal assistants make a difference every day supporting vulnerable or disabled adults. There are a wide variety of opportunities, from helping someone in a care home with daily activities to assisting someone with a disability to live independently. In this course you will explore the range of service provision and roles within adult social care. Understand principles such as Duty of Care, Person Centred Care and confidentiality. Build-up confidence in your skills, qualities and abilities to prepare for a career in Care.
Tuesdays and Fridays 9:30am -2.30pm from 7 November 2023 for 6 sessions
at The Campus, Weston-super-Mare BS24 7DX
For more info and to book a place contact:
JP Evans firstname.lastname@example.org phone/text 07795 390 667
Further 2024 dates planned are:
16 April – 3 May 2024
4 – 21 June 2024
The C&SW Training Platform is a partnership with Skills for Health giving us a local HUB on their Skills Platform.
The Skills Platform lets you search for trainers and training companies with a focus on
- Social Care: a wide variety of social care topics as well as Health Care
- Local community: prioritising local suppliers rather than national suppliers
- Quality and accreditation: providers are screened for reliable quality and accreditation criteria; plus you can leave reviews on the site
- Alerts and notification: a broadcast facility to registered users for local training opportunities.
- Enabling C&SW members with Training capability to offer training places to other local care providers.