Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) Partnership Board
The SEND Partnership Board (formerly the SEND Programme Board) is the group which ensures that the systems and process we operate and the services we commission fit together to provide the best support for children with SEND in North Somerset. It meets once every school term.
It brings together officers from the Local Authority, Health services, Education and the voluntary sector to look at ways in which we can improve things, and how we can work better together. Representatives from groups representing parents and carers are also involved, to ensure we hear their voices and they have a say in how services are designed. In the future, we hope to engage more directly with children and young people too.
The board also looks at a detailed SEND self-evaluation to see how we are doing and where things could improve. This is an important part of preparing for the Joint Local Area Review process operated by OfSTED and The Care Quality Commission.
The SEND Partnership Board is not a public meeting - but if you are interested in its work, you may wish to get involved via one of the parent representative groups which are listed on this page. The up-to-date terms of reference for the Board are always available on the Local Offer website. We will also post the minutes of each meeting here as they are prepared.
Terms of Reference
2017 SEND Programme Board Meetings
2018 SEND Programme Board Meetings
- Minutes of Meeting on 7th February 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 21st March 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 23rd May 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 18th July 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 12th September 2018
- Minutes of Extraordinary Meeting on 28th September 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 7th November 2018
- Minutes of Meeting on 19th December 2018
2019 SEND Programme Board Meetings
- Minutes of Meeting on 14th February 2019
- Minutes of Meeting on 3rd April 2019
- Minutes of Meeting on 7th June 2019
- Minutes of Meeting on 18th July 2019
- Minutes of Meeting on 12th September 2019
- Minutes of Meeting on 7th November 2019
2020 SEND Programme Board Meetings
- Minutes of Meeting on 16th January 2020
- Minutes of Meeting on 13th July 2020
- Minutes of Meeting on 25th September 2020
2021 SEND Partnership Board Meetings
- Report of Specialist & Alternative Education Provision Review - December 2017 (pdf)
- DfE SEND Capital Provision - Councillor decision and outline plan - March 2018 (pdf)
- SEND Self-Evaluation - July 2018
- North Somerset Local Area - Written Statement of Action in response to OfSTED/CQC Inspection - October 2018 (pdf)
- SEND Self-Evaluation - July 2019
- Desginated Clinical Officer - Annual Report 2019/20
- North Somerset - Top Up Funding Guidance 2020/21
- North Somerset Local Area - Joint Commissioning & Service Alignment Strategy 2019-2022 (pdf)
- North Somerset Local Area SEND Strategy 2020-2022 (pdf)
- North Somerset Local Area SEND Co-production Charter (pdf)
- SEND Self-Evaluation - July 2020
- North Somerset SEND Joint Outcomes Framework - March 2021 (pdf)
Understanding SEND needs in North Somerset
We plan to publish three reports each year which provide managers and commissioners with information which indicates how well the local area SEND system is operating, where things are going well, and where we need to improve.
Unfortunately, during the Covid-19 pandemic our resources were targeted at the tracking of attendance and support for vulnerable children and young people, and this programme of updates was paused. It has recommenced from April 2021.