We are excited to launch our FREE Nova Sports Care Package scheme in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. Already we have delivered over 200 boxes across Somerset and B&NES and received wonderful feedback from families.
This project is being supported by Access Sport, Wesport, Bristol Bears Community Foundation, Gloucestershire Cricket Board and LTA Open Court.
What is it all about
Families choose 5 pieces of sports equipment from a list of 34 items. There are options for indoor and outdoor use, adapted items and more sensory ones. The family can choose the items most suitable to their child and their environment.
The boxes will also come with an Activity Pack full of adapted game ideas, sport specific skills, online activities, sports clubs for post lockdown and wellbeing activities.
Who is it for
This is a targeted project for families who have a child with a disability and who you feel are 'in need'. Families can only access a package via a professional referral for example from their Social Worker, Family Intervention Worker or Teacher.
'In need' is open to your own professional interpretation and may refer to:
- Low income for example receiving free school meals
- If a family member/s are struggling with their mental health
- They are shielding at this time
- The child's behaviour is challenging at home
We only have a limited number of boxes available so please do prioritise those families you feel will benefit most. They will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
How does it work
- Contact us on 07880 743 453 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with the name/s of the children you would like to refer (this can just be first name and surname initial).
- Once I respond with confirmation, you (the professional) can send the family our website link to apply for a Sports Care Package. Alternatively, you can fill out the online form on their behalf.
- We order the equipment selected and deliver it straight to their door (this can take up to 2 weeks from order).
It is that simple and we hope it will bring lots of joy to families whilst at home over the summer months.
If you have any questions or queries about this project please do not hesitate to contact me.
Contact me directly if you are unsure of which items to choose from the list:
Telephone: 07880 743 453.