The Occupational Therapy Service aims to help people with a disability and their carers to live safely and independently in their own homes. There is a high demand for our services. The council operates an eligibility criteria system to make sure that most urgent needs are met quickly. If you need an Occupational Therapy assessment or are already waiting for an assessment and your needs change, please contact North Somerset Care Connect (as below).
- assess your own and your carer/s difficulties with everyday living tasks such as getting in and out of a chair or on and off the toilet
- give advice on alternative methods of managing those activities
- advise carers on moving and handling techniques, e.g. to assist someone to get in and out of bed
- loan essential equipment to help with day to day living
- help with minor adaptations to your home such as a grab rail by the toilet or an additional stair rail
- make recommendations for appropriate adaptations to your home e.g. stairlift
Contact Care Connect for more details.