H.E.N is a healthy lifestyle programme which is part of your routine antenatal care. H.E.N offers weekly support to help you have a healthy pregnancy and to give your baby the best start in life. From Jan 18th 2022 we hope to be delivering from Ashcombe Children's Centre, otherwise it will be online through Zoom- please contact us for current details.
H.E.N is delivered online by a Registered Midwife and Public Health Lifestyle Advisors, and provides support and advice on a range of topics to help you look after yourself during your pregnancy.
H.E.N runs for six weekly, one-hour sessions; with a structured session covering topics such as:
- Nutrition for you and baby.
- Being active in pregnancy – includes an activity taster session.
- Wellbeing in pregnancy.
- Support to make healthy changes.
- Staying healthy after birth.
Benefits of joining H.E.N
- Meet other mums-to-be.
- Access advice on nutrition and being active during pregnancy.
- Make small, sustainable healthy changes to your lifestyle.
- Gain support for both your physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Receive exclusive incentives to help you keep active during pregnancy and after birth.
- Learn about local organisations who support Mums-to-be and their families.
- Access to free gentle movement classes online.
To join H.E.N you should be:
- Resident in North Somerset.
- Pregnant – due to the sensitive nature of some of the information discussed during the programme we are unable to allow partners to attend.
- Able to attend a minimum of four sessions.
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 27 or more. * Can accept participants with BMI of 25 or more with co-morbidities e.g. gestational diabetes.
HEN Facebook group with free access to gentle movement classes! :
HEN also has a friendly closed Facebook group where you can access free gentle movement classes for members of this group Please go to our Facebook page and ask to join, here you will receive information and support from the Pregnancy Healthy Lifestyle Advisors. A great place to meet new mums and pregnant women all wanting to live a healthy lifestyle. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HENNorthSomerset/