The Wellness Service is a proactive and personal telephone checking service managed by Access Your Care on behalf of North Somerset Council.
The Service supports people by:
- Checking that people are safe and secure
- Maintaining their independence in the community
- Offering a degree of brief social contact
- Signposting them to wider community resources, where appropriate
- Considering how Technology can be utilised
Referrals to the Service can be received from health and social care teams, other partner agencies, Parish Councils, community groups, GPs, family and self-referrals.
Clients should have:
- The ability to talk on the phone, video call or respond to text messages.
- Need for a welfare check
- Socially isolated and lonely
- Waiting for care
- Frequent callers to services
- In need of follow up following professional intervention.
- Vulnerable informal carers
- Regular telephone support
- Technology Enabled Care
- Care Link - free for 3 months (on a case by case basis)
- Handy persons service
- Limited shopping service
- Prescription collection