What is the Wellness Service?
The Wellness service operates in the North Somerset area offering wellbeing telephone calls to people that require them.
The Wellness service aims to help improve and sustain the physical and mental wellbeing of people across North Somerset, allowing them to remain as independent as possible in their own home and communities.
The service is provided by Access Your Care in partnership with North Somerset Council.
The Service supports people by:
- Checking that people are safe and secure
- Maintaining their independence in the community
- Offering a degree of brief social contact
- Signposting them to wider community resources, where appropriate
- Considering how Technology can be utilised
Who can use the Wellness Service?
- Must be a North Somerset resident
- Must be able to talk on the phone, video call or respond to text
- People who have recently returned from hospital
- People who are caring for someone else
- People recently bereaved
- People with physical or minor mental health conditions that are at risk of deterioration. NB this does not include those with severe and enduring mental health
The service is a FREE service to residents of North somerset over the age of 18.
Reasons to consider the Wellness Service:
- Socially isolated and lonely
- Waiting for care
- Frequent callers to services
- In need of follow up following professional intervention.
- Vulnerable informal carers
- Regular telephone support
- Technology Enabled Care
- Care Link - free for 3 months (on a case by case basis)