Breastfeeding Peer Support Training
- Are you a good listener?
- Have you had a positive breastfeeding experience?
- Do you feel that you could help other breastfeeding mothers in your local area have a positive breastfeeding experience too?
- Are you able to commit to regular volunteering in your local breastfeeding group?
Have you considered becoming a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter?
A Peer Supporter is a mum who has breastfed and /or provided breastmilk for her child, who has undertaken a Peer Supporters training course. Whether you had difficulties, or it was all plain sailing, your experiences will be valuable in supporting others. No previous knowledge is necessary before training, we just ask that you have the experience of having breastfed your own baby.
About the training course:
The free 9 week Real Baby Milk Breastfeeding Peer Support Course is fully accredited and delivered locally by an accredited trainer. Babies are welcome to join you at the training sessions.
Our next course is planned for Autumn 2021 - please get in touch to be added to our waiting list to receive dates once confirmed
The course will run for 2.5 hours a week for 9 weeks in term time
We usually run courses at least twice a year so please get in touch if you're interested in future dates.
How to find out more and get involved?
For further information please click on the links below:
- Breastfeeding Peer Supporter Course Advert
- Breastfeeding Peer Supporter Role Description
- Breastfeeding Peer Supporter Enquiry Letter
- Recruitment Flowchart
- Information for Children's Centre Volunteers
- Application form - In the download section at the bottom of this page
If after reading all the information you would like to apply for a place on the next course please complete the application form in the download section at the bottom of this page and return to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you can attend the group interview/information session detailed in the enquiry letter.
If you can't make this course but would like to be kept informed when we book future course dates please drop us an email with your name and contact details to be added to our mailing list.
We send out updates on courses that we are running approximately 4 times a year. We will not use your information for any other reason but if at any time you would like to be removed from the list please let us know by email.