The Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths (FSID) is the UK's leading baby charity aiming to prevent unexpected deaths in infancy and promote infant health.
The services offered by FSID include:
- A Helpline for parents, carers, health professionals and bereaved families
- A wide range of publications and resources on reducing the risk of cot death and safe baby care
- A network of trained befrienders to support bereaved families
- A phone card to enable bereaved parents to call our Helpline free of charge
- A busy programme of training, events and Family Days Out throughout the UK
- The Care of Next Infant (CONI) Scheme, with the NHS, to support bereaved families when they have subsequent babies
FSID helpline: 020 7233 2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
9.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, calls are answered in confidence by trained advisors
6.00pm-11.00pm, every day of the year, calls are answered in confidence by trained befrienders who have been bereaved by the sudden and unexpected death of their baby.