The SEND Clubs and Activities Service (SENDCAS) run a variety of out of school term time clubs and holiday activities and outings in Weston-super-Mare and Portishead. The activities support a range of additional needs from ages five (school year 1) to 18 years old (school year 13). These events are organised by age, ability or friendship group, and planned trips can be tailored to a child or young person’s individual needs.
During school holidays the SENDCAS team provide family stay and play sessions.
Family Time Pass
The SENDCAS team know family time is important. We appreciate the barriers faced by many families who have children with additional needs. We are excited to offer our Family Time Pass so that families can visit attractions. These are offered to families within North Somerset with a child or young person (aged 0 to 25) with a disability or additional need (who are on the Disabled Children’s Register) can access our family passes.
- passes are available on a first come, first serve basis,
- we need five days to process your request,
- the venue may ask you to provide evidence of carer status
- we can only offer one pass per family of a child with SEND per week,
- your child must be registered on the Disabled Children’s Register.
For more information on how to access this programme, and a list of available venues please contact SENDCAS@n-somerset.gov.uk.