In partnership with North somerset Council from 1st October 2018 AMS Electrical will be the councils chosen provider for it’s Handy Person Service. To use the service the customer must be: Over the age of 60, or a disabled person of any age. You are able to use up to 6 hours of support over the course of a year, once at the year end the 6 hours refreshes. You can use these 6 hours one at a time, or at a maximum of 3 in any one go. It’s that simple!
Jobs that could be included
- Small Compete Electrical Jobs
- Small Plumbing Jobs
- Carpentry Jobs (easing doors, windows, securing boards)
- Securing or Fitting Carpets (Health & Safety Issue)
- Repairs to Walls, Plaster, Render, Pointing up to 2m2
- Securing or Repairing Paving Slabs & Paths
- Cleaning & Clearing Path for Access
- Health & Safety Works
- Energy Efficiency Works
- Security Improvements
- Internal & External Grab Rails, Banisters & Bed Rails
- Access Issues & Door Entry
- Clearing Gutters, Gullies & Surface Water Drains (not above 1st floor)
- Fitting Bed & Chair Raisers
- Fitting External Door & Window Locks, Door Chains & Other home Security Products.
- Fitting Key Safes
- Checking Installation
- Fitting Smoke Alarms, Carbon Monoxide Alarms & Energy Lamps
- Assistive Electronic Technology
- Clearing Garden Areas & Access Routes (Health & safety)
- Minor Repairs & Improvements Internally & Externally
Larger jobs although not subsidised by the council, can still be carried out on a private basis, however we recommend additional quotations are obtained from contractors listed on the Trust Mark and/or Buy With Confidence registers.