There is a high demand for our services. The council operates an eligibility criteria system to make sure the most urgent needs are met quickly. To make a referral please call 01275 888 801.
The Children with Disabilities Team are a multi-disciplinary workforce consisting of social workers, occupational therapists, family support workers, day care co-ordinators, volunteer co-ordinators, and play workers. We work with children and young people aged 0-18 with complex and additional needs.
- we deliver support services to children with a range of additional needs and their families within the home and community settings
- we work with children and young people to ensure we meet their identified needs as early as possible
- we aim to ensure children are effectively safeguarded, promote their health and wellbeing, to access learning and fun activities.
- we support families to provide the best possible care for their children
The Children with Disabilities Team provides specialist services to disabled children and their families. This includes:
- Assessment to access assessed and complex needs support packages
- Emotional and practical support
- Advice and signposting
- Child Protection Services for disabled children
- Services to Looked After Disabled Children