Age UK Somerset exists only to help make life better for the older people of Somerset and North Somerset.
There is much to celebrate about getting older, but our later years can also prove challenging: loss of confidence, lack of mobility, financial pressures and suffering from loneliness and isolation are just some of the issues local older people face.
We acknowledge that everyone is different and we offer a wide range of services and activities specifically developed to meet the needs of the over 60s.
Our services include (click on the titles for more info):
- Information and Advice service
- Benefits claims assistance
- Scams support and prevention
- Special Stay Strong, Stay Steady exercise sessions to help reduce falls by building up strength and balance
- Lots of other exercise groups both "in person" groups and "online" sessions.
- NEW! Active Befriending 'Walk and Talk' service
- NEW! Memory Connections Maintenance Cognitive Stimulation Therapy groups (MCST) in North Somerset. These sessions have been proven to slow the progression of mild to moderate dementia.
Although our office is in Taunton we offer services across the whole of North Somerset. Please call 01823 345610 for assistance.
To find out more about our services and the exercise groups we run across North Somerset please visit our website.