West of England Works aims to support young people and adults who face multiple and complex barriers to securing sustainable employment and training across the West of England area.
We recognise that often no one organisation can suit all the needs and often complex requirements of one person, so through our partners we work together to meet the needs of people who are struggling to get into the job market or training. Together we provide a unique model of supporting people on the journey from social exclusion to participation in education, training and employment.
The project offers an individualised programme of support which will support participants to achieve their personal employment goals. This will be different for each participant but may include:
- 1 to 1 support sessions
- Group sessions
- Periods of supported work experience
- Extended voluntary placements
- Support with applying for jobs and interview preparation
- Continued support once a participant has started a job to help them remain in employment
The content of the 1 to 1 and Group sessions will also vary from participant to participant and by geographic area but could include:
- Employability skills, job matching and job seeking
- Personalised confidence building through activities such as self-esteem journals, healthy eating plans, hygiene and personal appearance, challenge and achieve activities, group social activities and community improvement projects, breathing and clear speaking exercises, self-visualisation and positive mindfulness.
- ESOL support
- Travel training
- Personal budgeting and money management
- Counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Skills development in the participant’s preferred vocational area
- Housing advice and support
- Literacy and ICT skills development
- Art therapy
The project will work with all individual participants to find personalised ways to remove the barriers to employment or education so that once they progress on from West of England Works they will be able to sustain their employment and convert their qualifications in to a job. In addition to direct support for the participant this could also include elements of advocacy with employers, Job Centre Plus and other agencies as well as providing support for the participant’s wider family and social network.
Provides help during COVID -19
This programme is voluntary. You will gain support from your dedicated Wellbeing & Work Coach either by phone, text, email or video call. They can help with your wellbeing as well as provide structured support to help you achieve your goals.
You can take part in our virtual Solutions for Isolation activities which will help to build your confidence and self-esteem.
You will go on to learn practical skills for work, creating a CV, job searching and interview practice, so you are on the way to being able to progress when everything returns to normal.
For more information see our website or Call: 01934 411 573
Call or text our mobile: 07789 955 353
You are eligible if:
- You are 15 and over and have a National Insurance Number
- Economically inactive and haven’t taken part in any education or voluntary work in the past 4 weeks
- You are long term unemployed