What is this programme?
The Family Links Nurturing Programme is based on four building blocks: self-awareness and self esteem; appropriate expectations; empathy; and positive discipline. These four areas provide the key elements for successful relationships and confident parenting.
Who is it for?
This programme is for parents of primary school aged children, although it has been successfully delivered to parents of children up to 14 years of age. It is not for parents with complex needs.
Content of the programme
- Session 1 - Giving Praise
- Session 2 - Discipline
- Session 3 - Rules, rewards and penalties
- Session 4 - Power and self esteem
- Session 5 - Feelings
- Session 6 - Kinds of touch
- Session 7 - Child development and realistic expectations for children
- Session 8 - Sex and helping to keep children safe
- Session 9 - Types of behaviour to ignore
- Session 10 - Continuing the family journey
Where is the programme delivered?
In schools throughout North Somerset.
How it can be accessed
- Attendance of this group is referral only, please contact the Single Point of Referral on 01275 888 808
Parents who attend these courses will have children at the school where the course is being delivered. In negotiation with the facilitators, parents from other schools will be able to access the groups. Parents with more complex needs will be referred to an Incredible Years or Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities group.