The Substance Advice Service is a specialist service for young people, families/carers and professionals, providing young people with support, information and advice about drugs, alcohol and tobacco and treatment interventions with those who are using substances who want to reduce or to stop their use.
SAS provide intermediate and advanced level drugs training sessions for NSC employees and other relevant professionals booked via CPD online.
SAS can provide –
- Intermediate and advanced level training for NSC employees, foster carers and other professionals bookable via CPD online.
- Individual support and counselling for young people, families and carers.
- Treatment services.
- Consultation and support to partner agencies.
- Health promotion at events.
- Education resources.
SAS provide an individual tailored programme of drugs and alcohol education and treatment for young people including –
- Holistic health assessment
- Advice, guidance and support
- Harm reduction
- Relapse prevention
- Groupwork in schools and other youth organisations
- Referral to tier 4 services
- Through care and after care
- Diversionary activities
- Support to stop smoking
We meet with young people wherever they feel more comfortable. This may be at home, in the community, at school or college or within our building.
A young person can refer themselves by calling our telephone number as below
Anyone can refer a young person to SAS (with their consent).
We can send out a referral form by post or electronically for completion