The Substance Advice Service is a specialist service for young people, families/carers and professionals, providing young people with support, information and advice about drugs, alcohol and tobacco and treatment interventions with those who are using substances who want to reduce or to stop their use.
SAS provide specialist training to any professional working within North Somerset and working withy young people. This includes Intermediate and Advanced Drugs Training and Legal Drugs Training. Further information about these courses and bookings are available via CPD online. This training is also available for foster carers.
SAS can provide –
- Individual support for young people, families and carers.
- Treatment services.
- Consultation and support to partner agencies.
- Health promotion at events.
- Group work for schools and other youth groups
- Education resources.
SAS provide an individual tailored programme of drugs and alcohol education and treatment for young people including –
- Full health and wellbeing assessment to inform programme content
- Advice, guidance and support to young people, families, carers and professionals
- Harm reduction and relapse prevention interventions in addition to treatment services for young people who wish to reduce or stop their substance use
- Groupwork in schools and other youth organisations
- Referral to tier 4 services
- Transitional support from children to adult services
- Diversionary activities
- Support to stop smoking
We meet with young people wherever they feel more comfortable. This may be at home, in the community, at school or college or within our building in Weston Super Mare
A young person can refer themselves by calling our telephone number as below
Anyone can refer a young person to SAS (with their consent), young people can also self refer contacting our inbox or telephone number
We can send out our referral form in the post or electronically
Who to contact
01275 888 360
Where to go
Central Chambers, 26