Our Family Wellbeing team are currently planning our face-to-face activities on a phased return to our children centres. We will be providing a reduced offer of face-to-face activities with much smaller numbers in order to ensure safety measures are in place. These activities will be advertised in our What’s On which will be located within each of our children centre websites. We continue to offer our virtual activities.
Midwifery services are working as usual from Yatton (Rowan Tree hub) and Ashcombe (Maple Tree Hub) but not Locking Castle and Locking Children’s Centre site. Please contact your midwife using the telephone number on the front of your yellow book if needed.
If you need to contact a children centre, please ring one of these children’s centres and a member of our team will be able to help you with your query:
- Portishead Children’s Centre – 01275 884 001
- Clevedon Children’s Centre – 01934 426 440
- Worle Children’s Centre and Library – 01934 426 618
- Ashcombe Children’s Centre – 01934 426 380
- Oldmixon Family Centre – 01934 426 881
The Oldmixon Family Centre is part of the South Weston Children's Centre and is a Government-funded programme for children aged 0-5 and their families and community.
South Weston Children's Centre has developed in the Bournville, Oldmixon, and Coronation areas of Weston-super-Mare.
Please see the downloads section of this page to view our latest What's On guide and to find out more about what's going on at the Centre.
You can also now access library services at the Oldmixon Family Centre -
- free reservations, allowing you to order at home and collect from the access point;
- search the library catalogue;
- limited selection of stock;
- rooms for community group hire;
- access to online council services.
We welcome breastfeeding in all areas of our centre. If you would prefer a private space please ask a member of staff.