Our Diabetes services provides specialist advice, support and education for people with complex diabetes needs. They also support carers and healthcare professionals.
Who is this service for?
Our Diabetes and Nutrition Service (DANS) provides education, information and support on diabetes and nutrition to individuals, their carers and healthcare professionals in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
What we do
The service consists of Dietitians, Diabetes Specialist Nurses and an Administration Team and is a one stop shop for education and advice for diabetes.
If you are a patient, this service can help you to take control of your condition and support you to make good choices for a healthy life. We also provide training courses for GPs and healthcare professionals, as well as clinical support to GP practices.
Services available for Health Care Professionals:
- Education/training days for health care professionals
- Advice and guidance for health care professionals via telephone or email
- Joint working in practices to support upskilling of primary care clinicians
- Virtual clinics in GP practices
- Skill builder sessions at GP practices – onsite clinical updates/ education sessions as agreed with individual GP practices.
- Provision and supply of type 2 diabetes information packs (Purple Pack) with diabetes care plan.
How do I access this service?
The Diabetes and Nutrition Service accepts referrals from any healthcare professional for Diabetes education courses, self-referral for the Diabetes education courses can be considered. Please telephone the number on the right to discuss your self-referral.
Referrals to the services other than structured education need to be made by your GP or Lead Clinician.