We are a team of doctors and nurses covering North Somerset, based at Drove Road Child Development Centre (CDC), in Weston-super-Mare. We also work from The Barn in Clevedon.
The Community Paediatrics of Weston Area Health Trust provides the following service:
- Assessment and treatment of children and young people with developmental and behavioural problems, long term health problems and disabilities.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary/agency assessments.
- Medical input into child protection through individual cases, participation in case conferences and strategic advice.
- Health care in children in special circumstances e.g. looked after by the local authority, asylum seekers, travelling families etc.
- Medical advice to education through multi professional assessments and the statementing process.
- Public health role e.g. immunisations, school health and childhood surveillance.
The referral procedure is through a health professional