We are a team of doctors and nurses covering North Somerset, based at Drove Road Child Development Centre (CDC), in Weston-super-Mare. We also work from The Barn in Clevedon.
The Community Paediatrics of Weston Area Health Trust provides the following service:
- Assessment and treatment of children and young people with neurodevelopmental conditions, long term health problems and disabilities.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary/agency assessments.
- Medical contribution to child protection through individual cases, participation in case conferences and strategic advice.
- Providing health care in children in special circumstances e.g. looked after by the local authority, asylum seekers, travelling families etc.
- Medical advice to education through multi professional assessments and the Education Health and Care Plan process.
The referral procedure is through Health, Childrens Social Care and Education providers.