Skip to main content

Where to get help

Supportive Parents - see more video's of the service they offer

The SENDIAS service is for children, young people and their parents.  They offer free and confidential information, advice and support on a variety of SEND issues such as Exclusions, EHCP's and appeals and signpost to local providers on issues of health and social care.  They can also offer independent support to young people in preparing for meetings and gathering their views to plan for their future.

Schools and colleges

All maintained schools and PRUs must ensure that pupils from Year 8 until Year 13 are provided with independent careers guidance.  FE colleges and sixth form colleges are required through their funding agreements to secure access to independent careers guidance for all students up to and including age 18 and for 19- to 25-year-olds with EHC plans – so there should be someone that you can contact in school/college to support you.

Young Victims Service

(YVS) is for young people aged 5 to 18 (can be up to 25 for those with additional needs) who want help and support when they have been victims of (or affected by) crime, anti-social behaviour or domestic abuse. 

Contact a Family 

They have lots of useful information about preparing for adult life.

North Somerset Adult Transition Team

Supporting young residents of North Somerset aged 18 - 25 who have care and suppofrt needs through into adulthood.

Back to top